Dental Topics: Prevention Through Education

The field of dentistry has benefitted greatly from the advancements in materials and technologies to help promote good oral health. Yet as a dentist myself, I've seen that my profession has embraced these new technologies at the risk of spending less time promoting "prevention through education." The truth is the healthiest mouths are not the mouths of the wealthiest people, but rather the mouths of educated people. This blog is my effort to educate the public and promote good oral health.

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

My Practice in Sugar Land, TX

Ok, I know that my stated focus for this blog is Dental Education. I will strive to keep that its focus, but here in the beginning I must digress. Just this once... Please humor me my moment of parent-like pride in my new practice. (I won't let it happen again... I hope, but ya'll keep me honest ok?)

I promise this will be the LAST time I will ever post pictures or mention my practice in this section, but I spent a lot of time, sweat, blood, and tears (well maybe not literal tears) on this lil practice of mine. Please keep all the fawning and wooing to a minimum. ;-)

Basically, I'm a general dentist in the Sugar Land, TX area, which is a major suburb of Houston, TX. Although I do offer services in cosmetic dentistry such as veneers, the focus of my practice is family dentistry and general dentistry. Please visit my website for a list of my services so that in the future you'll be able to reference it to see if I even am qualified to be writing on a certain subject (again, ya'll keep me honest). Oh BTW, my practice name is Avalon Dental Group. I've been asked "why Avalon Dental?" a lot. Maybe I'll add that to the text of this blog sometime in the future to explain "why Avalon Dental"...


Reception Area:



Treatment Suite 1:



Sterilization Center (Where we sterilize our instruments.):


Consult Room:

The Avalon Dental Team:
(Jenny, Lorin, Me, Mike)





Hope ya'll liked em. Would appreciate some constructive feedback. Thanks for humoring a lil fatherly pride.
-Dr. Yu

No comments: